Terms & Conditions
1. George Goldsmith is the letting agent for the owners of the sporting estates and properties advertised in this brochure. Subject to acceptance of your booking, and payment as required below, you will enter into a contract with the owner of the estate or property concerned, the principal terms of which will be set out in a Tenancy Agreement.
2. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the particulars of the estates/properties contained in this brochure are accurate at the time of going to print, no representation is given as to their accuracy and they do not form part of any contract.
3. On acceptance of a booking, the let will be provisionally reserved in your name and an invoice for 50% of the rental will be sent out. Payment should be sent to George Goldsmith within 10 days, or the Payment due by date, on the invoice, to confirm the booking.
4. An invoice for the balance of the rental will be sent out 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the tenancy, and this must be settled within 10 days, or 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
5. If a booking is made less than 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the tenancy, the total rental will be due 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
6. Failure to comply with items 3, 4 or 5 above may result in cancellation of the booking and George Goldsmith reserves the right to re-let without further notice.
7. Payments may be made by any of the following methods:
7.1. By bank transfer to:
Bank of Scotland
600 Gorgie Road
Account No: 0841643
Sort Code: 80 22 60
7.2. By cheque drawn on a UK bank.
7.3. By banker’s draft All payments must be made in Sterling. Bank charges arising from the transfer of funds will be payable by the tenant.
8. In the event of cancellation of a booking, if the tenancy can be re-let, you will be liable only to pay the difference between the rental achieved on re-letting (which may be at a reduced rate) and the rental you agreed to pay, plus an administration fee. If this difference is less than the sums you have already paid, an appropriate refund will be made. If the difference is greater than the sums you have already paid you will be invoiced for the shortfall. If the tenancy cannot be re-let, you will remain liable to pay the full amount of the agreed rental. We therefore recommend that you insure against cancellation.
9. George Goldsmith/the estate/property owner reserve the right to charge interest on any sums which are not paid when due in accordance with the foregoing or the relevant invoice at the rate of 2 per cent above the Bank of Scotland base rate from time to time.
10. All sportsmen must have third party insurance against sporting accidents.
11. All instructions and decisions given by stalkers, keepers and ghillies will be final and must be followed. Failure to comply with such instructions or decisions may result in the cancellation of the rest of the tenancy.
12. Where required it may be a condition of the tenancy that returns of game taken be made to George Goldsmith within seven days of the end of the tenancy.
HOW TO BOOK
Simply telephone to discuss your desired week, fortnight or holiday period and we will confirm availability. A deposit of 50% is then required to confirm your booking or the full amount if within 6 weeks of the entry date.
Most properties require a damage deposit of £500.00 which is refundable after your stay. We very much look forward to hearing from you.